Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

Treven came out of his room tonight after being in bed for about an hour. I totally thought he was asleep and when that boy sleeps there is NO waking him, so I thought this was weird. Anyways he comes to me and says:
"Mom, I am scared and I don't like it. We need to say a prayer so I'm not scared anymore."
So of course I agree and we walk back to his room and he climbs in bed and starts to pray and this is how it went:
"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this special, special, special day. Heavenly Father? I'm scared and will you help me not be scared anymore?" (then he paused for a moment like he was waiting for an answer)"Thank you! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
I don't know about you, but that is just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

13 comments:

Kerri said...

tear!! thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

He is such a wonderful boy! Love him!

Unknown said...

i have to agree with you, that is super sweet!

Holly Walton said...

That is so cute. I miss teaching him so much.

kristin said...

I just love that. He really is an amazing little boy, and I'm so glad I get to be his aunt!

emilyw said...

That is so super sweet! That happens around here too. I love the faith of kiddos. It just melts me.

Elisha said...

ahh the faith of a child. Shouldn't we all be like this? ;) Love ya guys

Ty and Trista Swartzlander said...

What a little sweet hear. I love how children are so trusting. Oh, if we could have the faith of a child. :)

moosie said...

He is such a great teacher of faith and love. Proud to be Grandma!

Janie said...

I love this story. Children are so close to our Father in Heaven. It is so sweet.

Marilyn said...

Prayers don't need to be elaborate--just faithful. It sounds as if he has a strong personal relationship with Heavenly Father.

Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Familia Fowler said...

I linked to your blog from Crystal's! Yay. And I totally agree that was the Sweetest Thing!

Melissa said...

aw... soo cute! I can't believe how big he is. I'm pretty sure it was just a couple days ago that we were at your baby shower for him!