Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ouch!!!


How do your tell you children that what your about to do is going to hurt like "H-E-Double Hockey Sticks" but it is for their good? What I am, stupid? I should have just had their dad take them. Treven, Maycie and I got our flu shots today! OUCH!!!! Here is what we did for the next 2 hours (see above picture).
Would you like to hear our reactions? Here goes...
Treven: "I'm angry at you mom. You know why? Because you made everything on my body hurt! I hate shots."
Maycie: "Owwww" (With the biggest alligator tears you have ever seen)
Me: "What the....? This freakin' hurts!" (In my head of course)
Oh well, needless to say, it kept us from getting the flu last year so...here's to another "Flu Free" year.

8 comments:

kristin said...

You are so funny! YOu know, I've never had a flu shot.

Crystal said...

What are you doing to those poor kids? J/K They all look so peaceful in their sleep. I miss you guys soooo much!

Unknown said...

ooh! Owww! I hope it doesn't get too sore for you three! Hopefully your fam will skip the nasty flu this year! Way to get a shot just for your kids so you won't get them sick, you are a great mom!

Papa Paradigm said...

Treven is a crack up. I'm sure he wasn't trying to be funny but I got a good laugh. Hope you're all back to normal. Good luck bypassing the flu.

Mosley Family said...

Dude...suck it up!!!

Marilyn said...

Yeah--next time let their dad take them!!! Why should you have all the fun? Of course, there is something to be said for family sack-out time. At least, we can hope they manufactured the right strain of vaccine this year and we'll all escape the flu.
Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Ty and Trista Swartzlander said...

Sorry you all are in pain but you made me smile. The worst part about your kids getting a shot is when they look you and say with their eyes "why are you letting them do this to me? Save me!"

Mark and Renee Davis and Family said...

Flu shots are old school. Now they have nasal spray(mist). Haley and I just got ours last week..No pain involved.It was Awsome! I feel like super mom!